is a town located in the vicinity of the Triona Mount, in the Palermo
province. Begun life as a hamlet called Busackin, it first passed
to Normans who granted it to local aristocrats, and eventually become
a royal property.
Chiesa Madre dedicated to St. John the Baptist is the main building
in town. Its present look results from extensive restoration and
reconstruction works undertaken in the early 1700s on the earlier
building dating from the 16th century. Inside, it is divided in
nave and aisles and is decorated with a number of interesting works
such as a painting depicting the Assumption.
the minor churches, a mention goes to the Chiesa degli Agonizzanti,
the Chiesa di San Vito and the Chiesa di Maria Santissima del Rosario.
Museo Civico (Town Museum), housed in the former Capuchin Convent,
also very interesting, displays archaeological relics, most dating
from the Greek-Punic ages.
the town vicinity stands the 1600’s Santuario della Madonna
del Balzo and the remains of the Abbazia di Santa Maria del Bosco
di Calatamauro, the latter near the Monte Genuardo amidst an a beautiful