is a town of nearly 3,100 inhabitants, in the province of Palermo.
It stands on the slopes of the La Brigna Hill at 534m a.s.l.
by Albanian communities around the 1400s, it was long ruled by the
Corvinos, Dukes of Villavaga. It has two Mother Churches: one, Norman
in origin and dedicated to the Annunciation, is used by Roman Catholics;
the other, dedicated to St. Nicholas and dating from the 16th century,
is used by the Greek Catholics.
has other interesting buildings like the 1500’s Chiesa di
Santa Maria delle Grazie, with an adjacent convent, that is used
by Greek Catholics and preserves some fine medallions representing
the Doctors of the Greek Catholic Church and the sarcophagus of
A. Reres, the founder of the convent in the 17th century.