is an interesting site in the Palermo province, standing at 682m
asl. It is most renowned for its 1800’s Casino di Caccia,
a royal palace built at the request of King Ferdinand III; although
not largest, the building bears an elegant and austere exterior
with the Bourbon’s coat-of-arms above. The palace faces onto
a square bordered by buildings that were used as servants' quarters.
resort comprises other sites of naturalistic interest, such as the
neighboring Rocca Basumba mount and the Ficuzza wood, a major Sicilian
green lung, and the so-called Gorgo del Drago, a green oasis where
the river Frattina is especially worth-seeing.