is a most renowned seaside resort lying few kilometres from Palermo.
It extends around the small bay enclosed by mounts Gallo and Pellegrino.
town began life as a village of fishermen most engaged in the local
tuna fishery. A 1400’s round tower is all that remains of
this old building that was working as far as the early-1900s. Most
of his rooms were converted into business premises.
most marshy surrounding areas were reclaimed at the beginning of
the 20th century.
shore is most attractive, characterized by crystal-like waters and
uncontaminated sea-floors with richest underwater vegetation and